Is accurate and up-to date nutrition information an integral part of your practice?
Why refer your patients to Whole Health Nutrition?
- Whole health nutrition Registered dietitians provide evidenced based practice and recommendations
- We have advanced training in motivational interviewing and functional nutrition
- We are passionate about the health and improving quality of life in a patient centered approach
- Our approach focuses on foods to add to support health and positive outcomes in chronic disease
- We offer generalized nutrition counseling for adults, pediatrics and specialize in: sports nutrition, eating disorders, weight management, gastrointestinal disorders, and nutrition for chronic pain
Benefits for your Patients:
- Easy scheduling
- Convenient locations
- Most insurance accepted, covering 3 sessions per year
- Custom meal planning and recipes focused on the best foods to meet your clients health needs
- Personalized nutrient recommendations
- Supplement recommendations
- Goal setting
- Functional foods to optimize health
Recipe for Health
Toasted Sesame and Ginger Veggie Stir Fry with Tofu
The sweet and savory sauce makes this healthy stir fry extra delicious and the extra zip from the ginger sends it over the top…yum!
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienne
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 1 cup snow peas, julienne
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florettes
- 1 16oz package extra firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, made into a paste
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 1/4 cup veg stock or water
- 1 small piece ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- vegetable oil
Begin my marinating the tofu. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic paste, soy sauce, veg stock/water, ginger, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Mix well and add the tofu. Let marinate covered in the refrigerator.
Prepare all your veggies, keeping them separate in organized bowls or on a large tray.
Heat a heavy bottomed pan or wok over high heat. Add 2-3 Tbsp oil. Working in small batches of one kind of vegetable at a time, brown the veggies, they should cook very fast. Transfer cooked veggies to a bowl (now you can mix them together). They should be brown and crisp, but not raw in the middle. When all the veggies are cooked, remove the tofu from the marinade and add it to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until the tofu is heated through. Combine everything back together and add the remaining marinade. Make sure the mixture boils. Mix well and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve over rice.